The ROOT team is happy (and a bit proud!) to let you know that ROOT
v6.18/00 is released! See the release page
<https://root.cern/content/release-61800> for more info and download links.
Highlights are certainly:
- A new builtin zlib libbrary, that’s based on CMS’s fork of the
Cloudflare implementation. It noticeably accelerates decompression on
- A simple auto obj = dir->Get<MyClass>("some object"); (where dir can
be a file)
- Pythonizations for RDataFrame providing AsNumPy
- New leaf types /f, /d for Float16_t and Double32_t:
tree->Branch("floatArray", floatArray, "floatArray/f[0,100]"); //
Float16_t array with range from 0 to 100
- Several new functions for RVec, e.g. DeltaR
- The RooJohnson PDF was added to RooFit
- Considerably faster, STL-style iteration through RooArgSet and
- Transparency for lines, texts and markers in the TeX output.
- Many new features in JSROOT, including initial WebVR support thanks
to Diego Marcos (get your Cardboards ready!)
- Added support for GCC9, macos 10.15 (Catalina beta 2) and Xcode 11.0
Thanks to everyone involved: developers, contributors (e.g for the
Float16_t / Double32_t leaf!), people reporting bugs, and of course our
If you have an idea how to improve ROOT or if something doesn’t work for
you then please open a new topic in https://root-forum.cern.ch and let
us know. It’s much easier to improve when we know your issues!
Enjoy ROOT v6.18/00 and your summer!
Axel, for the whole ROOT team
CERN EP-SFT, 1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland